Friday 1 February 2013

Kids Calendar


Oh my goodness, I cannot believe how long it has been since I've had the chance to blog! January has been a complete whirlwind, but with school resuming next week I am excited to have a little more time to get my craft-on!! 
Ive had this on my list of things to do for quite awhile & am glad I got it finished just in time for the beginning of the school term! A very simple idea that you can easily re-create yourself at home.
So here it is, a coded calendar for kids! A  calendar specifically designed to prepare your children for the activities each day holds. I have to mention I was given this idea from the wonderful people at 'Behaviour Tonics' & am forever grateful as it is proving to be a godsend in our house! No longer am I faced with the usual ' oh no, not that today!' or 'oh, I thought I had swimming today!!' Now my children can take a glance at their calendar and quickly identify exactly what's on. I love it!!
Soooo....as you can see, this calendar is super straightforward and simple, just the way I like it. Nothing fancy - but serves its purpose. I chose a calendar template in Microsoft Publisher to which I then added images I sourced from the internet. In this case, the lunchbox is code for school, the fish are for swimming and the keyboard (which you cannot see in this most fabulous pic) is for piano. And as each day passes, we simply place a sticker over that date so we know we are then up to the next one. Easy peezy. I've kept mine in A4 size as this is all I needed and it now has a place on my daughters door. Publisher is such a fantastic resource though, there are many sizes & variations you could use - so why not give it a go! I would love to see what you come up with!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment