Tuesday 4 December 2012

Teachers Gifts

 Wow, the school year is almost over!! With time getting away from me quicker than I had possibly imagined, I decided it was time to start on the teacher & teachers assistants gifts for my daughters class. I came across this wonderful idea on an American website that I cannot for the life of me remember, however, if I do I will absolutely post the details!! Anyway, this is my take on it.....


Your first step is to locate some kind of cups or glasses - I found these uber cool 'Vue' cups in Myer, which I absolutely love love love!! You could use pretty much anything you like, I think clear coffee mugs would be fantastic too. I plan on buying some of these cups myself as I think they would be great for milkshakes in the summer!! 



Once you have your chosen container, you then get to do the fun part - choose what to fill it with....beverage wise. I was originally thinking coffee sachets in different flavours but couldnt make up my mind as to which would be best, so went with a good 'old favourite of Twinings tea - everbody loves a good cup of tea (I know I do!!).
I went with English Breakfast & Chai simply because they are super yummy, but there are zillions you could choose! Given more time I would definitely have sourced some fair trade tea but when time is running out I think it's best to stick with something fairly simple and not too time consuming.


Now that the cups had been filled with yummy tea, it was time to add some final decorative touches. Again, I didn't want anything too 'loud' just sweet & simple. I have an abundance of brown paper at my place so cut 3 long strips of this, folded them in half and secured them around each cup, giving it the 'takeaway coffee cup' type look. And with Christmas almost here I thought it necessary to add a little red so used my 'hoot' tags I had pre-prepared and tied them onto my cup using fine red ribbon. I added a little note to the tag saying 'Thankyou for quenching my thirst for knowledge' - I got this from the original idea I saw online & just loved it, so had to use it myself. And there you have it....teachers gifts that are simple, practical and I think, super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment