Wednesday 19 September 2012

The Warhol Dress




Hooray!! I have finally had some time to do some sewing, it feels like agesssss since I've touched my machine!! I had a couple of metres of this gorgeous coral polyester dying to be sewn so I headed over to a blog I love called Dana Made It, for a bit of inspiration. Definitely worth a look is this blog as she has some great tutorials & ideas, www.danamadeit.com. SO, it was here I found a FREE pattern for 'The Warhol Dress.' Now this is my take on the dress as I just loved the pattern & wasnt particularly interested in the applique, & I think it makes for a lovely summer outfit!! I had a little piece of stretch fabric leftover from a recent project, so used this for the yoke and made it a little longer than the pattern so I could have an extra big bow. This is a very simple project you could put your own creative spin on, and coming into summer is the perfect time to whip up a couple for your daughter, or as gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment